An attempt at a daily Journal
Finally got around to taking my Honda BF8A outboard motor ashore and replace the water pump.
Busted off a stud.
Dropped the lower unit.
Lots of wasp nests in the engine casing. Blew em out with an air hose.
Got to the water pump hosing.
The old impeller wasn’t too bad.
I had to pry out the bushing. It was in there really tight and took awhile but it finally gave.
Noticed that the housing around the bushing had a chip in it. I was worried that I did it when I was prying the bushing out, but it wasn’t a fresh chip. Used a piece of old gasket material folded up and wedged in the chip to plug it up when I put it back together.
New gasket and impeller.
Put it all back together and fired up the motor but it still wasn’t “pee’n” water out. Something else is plugged up.
Summary of 2011
In 2011 I wrote 345 posts and added 3 pages to this website, with 947 photos/videos in total. The...
Honda BF8A Battery Charging Plug
Got a new plug for the boat motor battery charging outlet from ebay for $18. One of the old one's...
Bilge pump outage
Spent the morning washing the carpeted floor inside of the boat. Used buckets of water and shampoo. Turned...
I left Deerfield beach
I left Deerfield beach, took the bus back s to Miami, went throu ft Lauderdale and was black and pouring,...